X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gilgeam
    • Mar 2006

Codec suggestions

Hey!

I'm not sure where to post my question, so I thought I'd do it here. I don't really know anything about codecs and encoding and I have a rather special problem:

I'm paying to receive online lectures in, let's say, chess. (Actually, it's Go, but that doesn't matter really.) These lectures consist of a board on the left, a chat on the right and the teacher giving lectures via microphone (with the sound quality being very bad). They're somewhere between 60 to 90 minutes long.

The problem is: I'd like to capture these lectures for offline reviewing, provided I can get them in a reasonable file size (let's say something below 100 MB for the start, but the less the better). For screen capture, I use TechSmith's SnagIt! since I didn't find anything better. I tried using the Xvid and Divx codecs, but ended up with way too big files. Partly this is because I just don't know how to make the necessary adjustments, but maybe it's a problem of using the wrong codec, too.

I'd be thankful for _any_ suggestions, but as I don't know much about encoding, please be a bit patient.

Thanks a lot!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you may want to take a look at a software like CAMTASIA, which will be able to record whatever happens on your screen

Comment

Working...