X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ducatisto
    • May 2005

Multiple avi files to DVD

I have searched and being a noob was probably chasing shadows

My friend has sent me a CD full of seperate AVI files (fave TV show) and I want to try to burn them to DVD and somehow via a menu choose whichever episode I would like to watch. There are a plethora of programs out there and my mind is in a complete daze as to which programs I would need to complete the task. I would be grateful for any assistance that would enable me to do what I want.

Duca
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

my method, will do everything you just mentioned.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

If u want to convert ur avi to DVD then Columbo's way is the way to go.U can,however ,keep them as avi and burn them into a DVD as dat files.To have the option of selecting each avi,u can use a simple menu builder like Quick Menu Builder.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Ducatisto
        • May 2005

Originally Posted by paglamon
        If u want to convert ur avi to DVD then Columbo's way is the way to go.U can,however ,keep them as avi and burn them into a DVD as dat files.To have the option of selecting each avi,u can use a simple menu builder like Quick Menu Builder.

Please excuse my idiocy, dat files? How are they converted as I can't seem to find a converter for those. That sounds quicker then the first method (and I thank you Lt.Columbo) as it took 45 mins for just one file and I have 13 parts to one series alone! Would it retain quality etc?

Duca

Comment

• geno888
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

If your standalone is able to read avi files, you can burn avi directly on a dvd creating a "data" dvd instead of a "video" dvd. In this way you don't need any conversion and you don't need to create any menu because (at least this is the way my standalone works) is the player itself that show you the content of the disc and ask you to choose what file you want to play.

Comment

Working...