Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tray
    • Mar 2006

WMV Playback

Hi guys, I've been playing WMV files without any problems for years until a few weeks ago, a friend recommended 3ivx that was said to be able to replace both Nimo and DivX on my system.

Therefore I uninstalled both Nimo and Divx, and install 3ivx only and indeed it worked fine... until I realized that all wmv are playing really slowly. The audio is fine but the video is basically skipping frames and playing very slowly. I then uninstalled 3ivx and reinstall back Nimo and DivX but even then, all wmv files are still distorted?

Someone advise why please? And I can't do a system restore cause I made important changes during this time. Thanks I really need help, not being able to play wmv is very irritating and I've been uninstalling, reinstalling my codecs trying to figure out which is the culprit to no avail.
    Last edited by Tray; 24 Mar 2006, 10:59 PM.
  • futurex
    Outlaw Ridah
    • Mar 2005

download (or reinstall) latest version of windows media player
    Futurex

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

get rid of those codec packs, install ffdshow

go into ffdshow's configuration and set wmv to libavcodec
      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 25 Mar 2006, 01:26 AM.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...