Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pupina
    • Mar 2006

Pixelated videos

I usually play avi files without any problems on my P4 3.01Ghz system. However, all of a sudden these files were pixelated and choppy (when in full screen). I've updated the video card drivers, directx and codecs and reinstalled them but all was in vain. I'm using a Geforce FX 5200 video card. I've tried playing the files on other players other than WMP, such as VLC and Real Player but they've all got the same problem. The avi's are also of different formats: some are in divx format and others in xvid. Any suggestions on what I can do?
  • futurex
    Outlaw Ridah
    • Mar 2005

tried a system restore?

could you post a screenshot of this pixelation?

sure the files aren't already like that? when low resolution video is blown up on displays with larger res, perceived quality will decrease.
    Last edited by futurex; 26 Mar 2006, 01:12 PM.
    Futurex

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Have you done any virus scans?

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• pupina
        • Mar 2006

I've tried system restore but it would only let me restore to the day before when I had already got the problem.

This is a screenshot of one of the vids. If you can see especially on the PG sign it's very pixelated. I know for a fact that it's not normal as I used to play videos on my pc before and I didn't have this problem. The only time I had this problem, I reinstall the video card drivers and it worked fine.

Comment

• futurex
          Outlaw Ridah
          • Mar 2005

looks like your using vmr9 instead of overlay. try using either overlay (you should be able to force in players like vlc or mpc) or you can stick with vmr9 and force yv12 or rgb32 output through the decoder
          Last edited by futurex; 26 Mar 2006, 11:51 PM.
          Futurex

Comment

• ARTillery
            • Aug 2008

hello, I have the same problem, and since I'm a noob when it comes to these video stuff..can u elaborate a bit, how do I force overlay?

edit: I managed to force overlay, but it didn't solve the problem
            Last edited by ARTillery; 22 Aug 2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• bayvista
              • Jan 2007

Pixelated Video

I had a lot of trouble with my home made DVDs until I found out what caused the problem. I use Ubuntu (Linux) and edit with Kino. It does not matter much what you are using as the principle is the same. When Kino encoded my video prior to creating menus. it was compressing the mpeg files somehow at the end and that caused the pixelation.

I solved the problem by demuxing and re encoding all files using Avidemux. After that, no more pixelation. Try it out and see if this is your problem.

Comment

Working...