Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hackwojr
    • Jan 2002

VOB to mp4 help

I am using jodix or Videora to convert vob to mp4 for my ipod with no problem. The problem is I end up with 4 or 5 film segments from a DVD. Can I have suggestions on how I can combine either the VOB files to one big file, or how to combine the mp4 files?

Thanks.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

YAMB can join the mp4 files. the app you're using should be able to open the VOBs as a single stream; but i suggest you use something decent like meGUI or staxrip to encode instead.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

but i suggest you use something decent like meGUI or staxrip to encode instead.
      Or MEDIACODER maybe.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• geofan49
        • Jul 2006

Jodix problems with aspect ratio and DVD title sets

I had some problems when ripping DVD to MP4 using the Jodix.com "Free iPod Video Converter", with the "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" installed.

After converting from the DVD, with the Jodix.com converter, using the "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack," the aspect ratio is wrong, it is stretched vertically, it appears about 225 high x 150 wide (should be 325 h x 480 w -- that was the original DVDs aspect ratio.)

When playing the MP4, at about time = 13:25 the episode (DVD TITLE 1) was supposed to end, which worked fine with Media Player Classic when playing the DVD.

After converting, at the end of the episode (DVD TITLE 1), it goes to the middle of another show (DVD TITLE 5), from another title on the DVD.

The resulting MP4 file is about twice as big as it should be, due to this problem with the extra title.

The DVD was burned on a Philips DVDR 3390 - 37, at SLP mode, 6 hours per DVD, with several TV shows in different titles on the DVD, one show per title.

The DVD Menu, and each Title, works fine with Media Player Classic.

I'm trying to find out what went wrong...

Tried StatxRip... very complex installation with lots of add-ons, and it allows editing the timeline after you import all the VOBs... but it had different problems. It got stuck in the middle of the conversion.

How to convert a single title/episode from a non-copy-protected DVD with several episodes on it to MP4 for iPod?
        Last edited by geofan49; 3 Apr 2007, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• waterdrop
          • Apr 2007

maybe you need a ripper

I think you need to use ripper to rip and convert a single title/episode from a DVD.

You can go to google to search some.

Comment

Working...