X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caspit
    • Apr 2002

Problems with Mplayer7 movie playing

Hi guys!

I'm a new fan of DVD ripping and encoding.
    I've registered a very similar problem as Muzz: I completed the encoding using Xmpeg 4.5 and DivX 4.12 codec, extraing only video flow and encoding audio flow by other tools like ac3 tool and BeSweet.

When I try to watch the movie on Media Player v.7.01, the video starts right for first 3/4 seconds, but after that it stops for 30 (but also one minute sometimes!) and then it restarts playing right for other 3/4/6 seconds, and so goes on....
    The problem accurs also using PowerDVD...

But when I open the file.avi by Mplayer.exe (path: C:\windows\Mplayer.exe) the movie can be wathced without any problem: the video flow is very right!!!

Please, Can you simply expain me why it happen???
    What can I do in order to play normally my movie by mPlayer and PowerDVD???
    My PC: Pentium3 800 Mhz, 128 MB ram, OS windows 98 SE.
    Thank you very much for your attention, and please, forgive my english (it's so rusty!!!) and try to be simple.

See you!
    Bye! caspit
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe your system does not have resources for playback proggy like wmp7 (powervd wouldnt be the best choice for avi playback anyway).

try BSplayer and see what happens!
    it is a very good player, that does not take too many resources.

btw: can you by chance borrow another 128 or 256 mb ram from a friend and test the same movie with wmp7 again??

Comment

• caspit
      • Apr 2002

So you say it is power limit of RAM of my sistem, right? Due to the big use of the resources of my PC that WMplayer and Power DVD do...
      But why a friend that use a PC with Athlon 750 with 128 MB ram and same OS can play the .avis he encodes (in the same way!) with both Mplayer and PowerDVD...?????

HAMLETIC QUESTION!

I'll try with BSplayer.... and I'll write you what happens.

Thank you very much for your reply!
      See u!
      Bye! caspit

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

to stutter or not to stutter, that is the question

whether 'tis a lack of resources that make up all those slings and arrows of outrages fortune or to upgrade your system and by oppsing end them

same amount of ram and same os doesnt mean that the same background tasks are running,.......,.......,........

you get the idea.

first try another player and then maybe think of borrowing some ram and see what happens!?

Comment

Working...