Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northstar
    • Dec 2001

WindowsXP - DIVX

Has anyone found a way to play DIVX on WindowsXP? Will not take older codec. Plays audio but not video in Windows Media Player.
  • Northstar
    • Dec 2001

Managed to answer my own question. For all those using WindowsXP for an OS, go to DivX.com, download DivX 4.11 (it's free). Run the exe program and you're in business. Takes seconds. Only remaining problem is how to play it in full screen mode.

Comment

• Trancemaster
      Snoogins
      • Dec 2001

You need to use The Playa (included with 4.11) and do Alt-Enter as normal. That's it
      Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Northstar
        • Dec 2001

Trancemaster - Thanks for the feedback. I had stumbled onto how it works just about the time I got your reply. I'm so new at this my fingers won't hardly punch the right buttons but I'm learning. Now on the ripping and burning.

Comment

• Trancemaster
          Snoogins
          • Dec 2001

I just posted a new thread on a similar problem, but I already have DivX 4.11, you reckon it's worth a re-install? The problem only occurs on one of my DivX's - What Lies Beneath.
          Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Wer-Al Zwowe
            • Dec 2001

You can also download BSplayer and open the movie with that. It does work on my pc.

Comment

• omarh
              • Nov 2001

Windows XP's media player also lets you play movies in full screen mode.

you can just run Media Player 6.4, its in the program files/media player folder...look for mplayer2.exe

Comment

Working...