• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph69
    • Jul 2006

Grey Letterbox bars

Hi All,
    <O
    I don't know if someone can help me with an annoying problem I am having with Procoder. I am in the process of evaluating procoder and am trying to export an mpeg2 stream for DVD authoring. The problem I am having, whilst it is very minor is also extremely annoying. After exporting the Mpeg2 stream and authoring the DVD in DVD Author pro I have tested the results in my set top player and I am extremely happy with the image quality. What I don't like is that the letterbox fades to grey at the start and finish of the clip. So at the beginning and end of each clip there is a flash of grey bars top and bottom. It is not visible when played on the computer and I don’t have the problem when using the same footage exported with CCE. Is this grey letterbox fade a procoder thing, am I missing something. I know it sounds stupid but damn it's annoying.<O
    <O
    Also, what is the general feeling on procoder against CCE. I have run a few tests so far between the two and besides the obvious speed difference I actually think image quality is better with procoder. I would like to know what people think is the better?<O</O
    <O
    Joseph<O</O
Working...