Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icymax69
    • Aug 2006

how can i stick more movies onto one cd/dvd disk

i have recently attained a movie season. each episode is 350 mbs, there are 20 episodes. vcd will only allow me to have if lucky, 2 episodes on one disk. dvd will also only allow 2 episodes on one dvd disk using VSO ConvertXtoDVD. What i was hoping is to stick more on one disk, not lose any quality (picture and sound) and still be able to read it on my dvd player... Is this possible?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

If each episode is almost an hour then you will lose some quality by going to
    3 hours on one disk. Experiment with dvdshrink in reauthor mode.

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

It all depends on the resolution and audio used for DVD. You can squeeze upto 3 movies (2 hours each) with mp2 audio and 2 movies with AC3 audio and decent picture quality, if you try to squeeze anymore, the video quality will degrade effectively. You might want to try a tool called DIKO and experiment with certain custom matrices to begin with.

Comment

• pittbull
        • Jul 2006

i have recently burnt off a whole season of episodes using convertxtodvd. each episode was 40mins long and it allowed me to put 4-5 episodes on per disk.
        unless of course your trying to put them on a cd. in which case try using nero recode to compress the files b4 burning
        Last edited by pittbull; 6 Aug 2006, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...