BSPlayer not compatiable with VobSub ?!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodysteven
    • Mar 2002

BSPlayer not compatiable with VobSub ?!!

After installed VobSub, the BSPlayer output only audio. After uninstalled VobSub, BSPlayer works again.

I'v tried many times, the result is same.

Why??

-
    steven
    steven@steven4u.net
  • animha
    • Nov 2002

same problem

I have experienced the same problem... and didn't find a solution yet.
    The problem, I think, is that DirectVobSub has problem with bsplayer when it doesn't find the subtitles files in the same path of the movie...

for example:
    I have my movie (mymovie.avi)

To see the subtitles, I should also make the two subtitles files (mymovie.sub and mymovie.idx) - note: the filenames must be the same for the three files, only the extensions must differ!!
    When bsplayer finds these three files, anything works fine.
    I can see the movie and the subtitles as well.

When bsplayer doesn't find the subtitles file... well... I can have a crash of the player, or I see a black window and only listen to the audio track.

I found a workaround to this problem... it's not confortable, but seems to work for the moment.. if I want to see a movie and don't have subtitles for it... well, I create two files with the same name of the movie, and give them .idx and .sub extension... the files are empty (0 bytes long), just it's important they exist!

In this way, bsplayer works for me (I use an Athlon with WinXP).

Somebody could ask me a question: why do you keep using bsplayer if it doesn't work fine?? Well, I use to make double language divx, and bsplayer is the only player that I found that lets me choos which audio track I want to listen!!! Nor mediaplayer neither MicroDVD let me do this... they play both audio tracks together...

Comment

Working...