X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadowofthedark
    • Aug 2005

Mkv to Avi conversion

Hi!

How do I convert mkv to avi? I'm doing this to make these videos as a DVD compilation. I was able to do this awhile but I somehow forgot. I'm using mkvextractgui but I can't seem to extract the video part of the mkv. Any guides? Thanks!
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

SUPER should do it... http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Shadowofthedark
      • Aug 2005

Thanks! I already tried SUPER. SUPER is great and all, but only really works in small files and stuff. My file is about 300 MB and SUPER has some synch issues with it.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

I'm using mkvextractgui but I can't seem to extract the video part of the mkv
        Can you elaborate on that?
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Shadowofthedark
          • Aug 2005

I was able to extract the audio and the subs, but I can't seem to extract the video part of the file.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi Shadow,

Try the following ... I had this instruction tucked away somewhere ...

"Get latest version of VirtualDubMod; Dowloaded the Haali MKV Splitter; and create an AVS Script with the next command: DirectShowSource("source.mkv"). Open it with VDubMod and convert to AVI with any codec preferred. To extract the audio you have to open the MKV file itself."

Post back and let us know if it worked.

G!

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

I was able to extract the audio and the subs, but I can't seem to extract the video part of the file.
              Can you elaborate further? eg any error message?
              "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Colt45Joe
                • Nov 2007

Originally Posted by gonwk
                Hi Shadow,

Try the following ... I had this instruction tucked away somewhere ...

"Get latest version of VirtualDubMod; Dowloaded the Haali MKV Splitter; and create an AVS Script with the next command: DirectShowSource("source.mkv"). Open it with VDubMod and convert to AVI with any codec preferred. To extract the audio you have to open the MKV file itself."

Post back and let us know if it worked.

G!
                that works! but something is wrong... i can only extract small segments, and even those segments are huge files. if i try to extract the whole video, it takes forever, and the file it is creating is in the gigs!

what is going on?

and i try MKVextractGUI.. and that extracts a reasonable sized file. but the video file it extracts is a .h264 file, and i cant do anything with it...it doesnt work. is it supposed to extract an .avi file?
                Last edited by Colt45Joe; 8 Nov 2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...