Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.PAD
    • Jan 2007

How to burn Xvid/Divx/Avi direct to DVD media

Hi, I spend quite a bit of time converting my Divx/Avi files to dvd ,usually about 1-2hrs.
    Is there a programme to burn these files directly onto Dvd media without converting them, and will it depend on whether my stand alone Dvd player is divX/Xvid compatible ?
    Thanks
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Any burning programme(e.g Nero) will let you burn your DivX avi into a DVD as Data-DVD.This will play on standalones that support DivX.But ,remember that you will not get DVD like menus or chapters in these files.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Mr. PAD,

What model Stand-alone DVD Player do you have?

G!

Comment

• Mr.PAD
        • Jan 2007

Thanks

Comment

• Mr.PAD
          • Jan 2007

@gonwk and paglamon:
          Thanks for the prompt replies ; my player is a Grundig with built-in 5.1 surround but obviously doesn`t support Divx because the display reads error.
          I burned my avis as suggested as a data Dvd with Nero but to no avail.
          I guess I`ll just have to be patient or buy another Dvd player.. I`ve heard the cheaper ones play more or less all formats, where often the more expensive ones don`t.
          Anyway thanks again and Cheers,
          Mr PAD

Comment

• Mr.PAD
            • Jan 2007

@gonwk and paglamon:
            As an after-thought, which conversion software would you recommend. I use at present Vso ConvertX2Dvd. Is there perhaps an alternative Divx/Xvid/Avi software that`s a bit quicker? My conversions take about 1-2 hours as a rule. I`m not complaining though , the quality is generaly very good.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

convertx is one of the fastest

Comment

• paglamon
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

...............and produces one of the better qualities. You can also try DVDFlick which is freeware.But if you are ready to pay for your programmes,then TMPGEnc Plus followed by TMPGEnc DVD Author will be even better. Canopus Procoder 2 is one of the best.
                Last edited by paglamon; 9 Jun 2007, 10:20 PM.
                sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• gonwk
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Hi team,

@ Mr. PAD ... Why even waste your time and convert the AVI's into DVD for play back UNLESS ... you want to share with your other friends that don't have a DivX dvd player either ... but it is A LOT CHEAPER and FASTER and takes LESS SPACE to just stay with AVI's and buy a Cheapy DVD Player.

I am using a PHILIPS DVP 5960 which I bought on slae for only $70 (Cheap in Price BUT Not in Quality and Performance) ... and my Model it even has a USB in the front of it ... so I can play my AVI's and Music Videos right from my 500GB External Hard Drive ... no problem.

You can consider any Philips DivX capable DVD Player that is on "SALE" at the time from any store ... Models DVP 3140, DVP 5140, DVP 5960, are A-OK and less than $70 dollar on sale.

FYI, 5960/37 is for USA/Canada ... 5960/12 is for Europe.
                  G!

Comment

Working...