X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Edmeister
    • Aug 2007

Xvid & DivX to DVD help

Hi,

I have been using DVD Flick to convert AVI files like DivX & Xvid to DVD for about 6 months now but I usually get a picture that slightly slows every 2 or 3 seconds and the audio is ever so slightly out of sync.

Is there any way I can correct this and get everything perfect?

If it helps then I have been using DVD Flick and the guides from Digital Digest to help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

I was checking out some video files on my older computer, they would loose sync, no problem on a better computer

conversions are best done on a powerful computer that's running "lean and mean" and left alone

Comment

• The Edmeister
      • Aug 2007

Thanks for the reply and for the welcome.

You are correct in that the computer I used to convert the files is our 2nd computer and therefore a couple of years old.

I used that one so it could be left alone to just convert the files and nothing else.

Any idea as to what type of spec is needed on a computer to do this without any loss of sync?

Ed

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I would use the older one to surf with and the newer one left alone to convert

If you use the old one to test with, an avi might seem out of sync and same with the conversion but when burned to dvd play fine

see the stickes at the top of this subforum

Comment

• The Edmeister
          • Aug 2007

Yeah I can see your point but the problem is that the newer more powerful computer is downstairs where the kids can use it and play there video games on it.

The less powerful is upstairs and used as a back up and homework computer so that's not really practical.

However I have tried another (free) convertor Avi2Dvd and that one works a treat so I will use that one from now on.

Thankyou very much for taking the time to reply and for your help which I appreciated.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...