Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Utra
    • Aug 2007

DivX No Video Playback

Ok a few weeks ago my pc wiststood some major erroes and i was forced to buy a new harddrive, ever since i instaled windows ive had a major problem all videos that reley on DivX and a few others have no video playback. I know this is not a corruption problem becauseit also effects any divx streams and some of the files im funning of a disk that worked before the format.

At first i installed the codec as it asked me to now i just get a blank screen and audio only, but i do get an image in preview.

This problem effects Windows media player 11, Veoh player and VCL player. i also get the same problem tryin to watch dvds.

ive read http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=15326 and done evrything mentiond FFDShow keeps saying the instalation file is corrupt and GSpot says all codecs are installed. Its just somthin thats been screwing with my mind for a few days if anyone can help please do.

Windows Xp Pro
    Service Pack 2
    Motherbored: Asrock K7-Upgrade 600
    CPU: 3200+
    GFX: ATI Radeon 9550 256
    RAM: 1GIG (2x512)
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Can GSpot play the file?
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Utra
      • Aug 2007

No if i choose play file it opens media player again with no video. ive also just instaleld FFDShow and still no luck.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

In device manager are there any problems showing in display adapters or system devices?

Did you load the via 4 in one driver? I don't use it if I am loading xp sp2

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

No if i choose play file it opens media player again with no video
          Open the file with GSpot.Then Click on button 1(at the bottom).Next click on button 2 and see whether the file plays in the preview window(circled in red).
          Also,post a screenshot of the file in GSpot.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Utra
            • Aug 2007

I have a problem wiht RAID controlers but thats it.

No theres no option to test the movie GSpot, it seems to only load the first 80%

Comment

Working...