Going nuts. All I want to do is to put an MPG on a VCD in the same format!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robsamui000
    • Sep 2007

Going nuts. All I want to do is to put an MPG on a VCD in the same format!

Please bearwith me - I'm not a newbie to computers (I was compiling in BASIC in 1982) but I'm ripping hair over this.

WHAT I WANT TO DO:To pull down my favourite movies from the Web and burn them onto a VCD/DVD in the same shape and format.That's all!

In Windows XP, the downloaded movie - for example - is a widescreen letterbox shape. I play it in mediaplayer (etc etc) and it's the same.

BUT, if I save it as an MPG onto a VCD and then play it on my (any of my 4) players) - it's a squashed square.

If I use NERO to make a movie - it's in the right format/shape - 16:9 - but it's dropping and spluttering and jumping all over the place - AND it's got so much BIGGER in the file size.

I'm using Xilisoft 3GP converter to convert AVIs into MPGs that my VCD player can play.

I've experimented for weeks with the aspect ratio setting, and thus also the 'video size' setting, AND IT'S ALL TIMES FINE IN WINDOWS. But, transfer this MPG to a VCD, it's a little squashed box with people that are 14 feet tall.

Anyone tell me a way to go about this? Step by step would be nice ...

EEEK!

Rob
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

To pull down my favourite movies from the Web
    the downloaded movie
    read the rules

Comment

Working...