Questions about DV (editing-authoring-converting)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jensen
    Better to be pissed off than pissed on!
    • Aug 2007

Questions about DV (editing-authoring-converting)

I just bought a dv camcorder online, hoping to make home videos of our new son to send home on dvd. Now buying a dvd-rw camcorder would've been easier I know but the wife put restraints on funds and my new toys, you married guys feel me? I have bee working multiple avi sources to one dvd with menu, so I get all that. Where do you start with a dv? Do I convert it to avi the to dvd? Are their proggys that work like favc, dvdflick, or avidemux? I just need a starting point with this new format (for me). I am running OS Vista. Any help would be great thanks

Jensen

P.S. I live in Hawaii and sucks!!!! They love it here....
    Last edited by Jensen; 27 Nov 2007, 06:00 PM.
  • Michael Wilson
    • Dec 2007

DV AVI Recording and all that!

Hi Jenson,

I own a SONY camcorder I bought secondhand that uses MiniDV tapes and it will replay thru' my TV with the cables supplied which include a scart adapter - nothing else required.

You can download the video tape to your PC and burn it to a CD or DVD, this is the simplest of things that you can do.

I also have Pinnicle Studio 10 software which I find quite user friendly which will output your videos in several formats, including AVI.

There are of course many programs that will download and edit miniDV. but I can recommend Pinnicle Studio.

I hope this info help?

Michael

Comment

Working...