X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kensiu
    • Nov 2007

about "download to own" video from business website

Hello all

I have purchased a few video from a website by credit card. There are a lot of options of different playback periods with different prices, i have bought a few videos that are "download to own", and so that can be played without limited period of time. The file is in wmv format, however, when i tried to burn the wmv file into a blank DVD disc and have it played in another computer, it doesn't play. Finally, i believe that for each time it plays it will ask for authorization from the website of producer to test if the video has expired. In my case, it is "forever", but not "a month" or "a week"... Okay, my question is, is there any way that i can have such a file converted such that it will not connect to the producer to test the time for each time i played it? Because i may want to play it sometimes in my another computer or may not be able to have internet connection sometimes, or i may need to have my computer formatted in some point of time in the future
    Last edited by kensiu; 28 Nov 2007, 02:35 AM. Reason: something missing
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

the files are protected and only playable under the seller's conditions, that's plainly stated on their web sites

if you have to reload your computer then you have a complaint, otherwise you are trying to bypass their protection and we can't support that

Comment

• kensiu
      • Nov 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
      welcome to the forum

the files are protected and only playable under the seller's conditions, that's plainly stated on their web sites

if you have to reload your computer then you have a complaint, otherwise you are trying to bypass their protection and we can't support that
      actually it is they try to mislead their customer to buy their products, which is stated as "own the movie...", "download to own..." . I know there may have lots of conditions behind, but for a normal customer, one may believe that he may play the video everywhere as he owns it.

Okay i don't want to argue about the legal issues, or let me try to ask another question:

How to record the "action" of the window platform and have it generated in form of video, just like pressing the "Print screen" button of the keyboard and have the whole screen picture copied to the clipboard.But I want the whole screen(including the change) is captured as video.

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...