Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derek_bartram
    • Jun 2002

Cyclic Redundancy Error

Hi all, one of my friends has recently burnt some DivX films onto CD [from another friends computer]. If I play them on my computer they run fin [P4 1.9Ghz, 1Gb ram, 80Gb HDD 7200rpm, win XP, 20x10x40 CD-RW, 16x32 DVD], but if we try them on his computer [Althon 1.6@1.4, 512Mb ram, 2*20Gb HDD 5400rpm, win XP, 20x-ish CD] after about 1 minute the video goes to 1 frame per 2 seconds [ish], and then a cyclic redundance error occurs. We are both using the same version of the DivX codecs [5.0]. It almost looks like there is not enough resources to play the movie [even though there quite blatently is and task manager confirms this]. Anyone got any suggestions. Cheers.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

It is an error produced by your friend's computer CD drive. Without getting too much into details, the CD drive is unable to properly read the data at that certain point and repeated attempts at re-reading the disc has failed. Take into account too that the CD-drive laser head has probably degraded and is not as good as yours. My suggestion would be to check the CD for scratches, dirts or the like, and remove them.

Comment

• derek_bartram
      • Jun 2002

Thanks, I think it probably is the case [knackered drive, the CD is 'perfect']. Don't s'pose you can fix my other problem [see the thread about Windows Audio V2 codecs]. Cheers

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Have a look at the thread...

Comment

Working...