Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junah
    • Jul 2010

Can't open SanDisk recorded AVI.

Very odd, I used a MiniDV MD80 MiniCam with an 8gb SanDisk. It records AVI in segments of thirty minutes which gave me 2 AVIs in my recording. Tried many devices to open, all failed. AVI #1 displayed "broken file". AVI #2 displayed "unsupported video file". Fixed AVI #1 with Digital Video Repair. I can't find any way to open, fix, or repair AVI #2 .. 30 minutes. I still have the full video on the SanDisk and have copied each AVI to my hard drive too. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks, Junah
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I would look for a forum by the hw manufacturer. You may be able to find out how the file is split or how the file saving works. Chances are if someone has a similar problem they would post a solution there. The only thing I can suggest is try pulling the first file into AviDemux, make sure in Options Automation Tab all settings are checked before you start.

Then use File=>Append to try to append the 2nd file. Or you can try something like HjSplit to join them.

But if the hw manufacturer's page has a forum odds are good somebody else has run into that problem.

Comment

Working...