X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenTexan
    It Says Green For A Reason!
    • Jan 2013

DVD Shrink Conversion Question

Hi all, very new to this stuff and don't know much about it. I have been using DVD Shrink for years backing up DVD's onto my hard drive. Mostly so I can convert to MP4 for my i-devices. But now I have tb's of movies and I would like to access them and play them like a normal DVD without burning to one. Now I have movie folders full of .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files. I can click on a VOB file and play that file but it will not start playing the next VOB when the first one finishes. Ideally I am looking to search my library from my PS3 to play movies but I think thats a whole different issue. Right now, I would like to just access from my desktop and be able to play to whole movie in one click. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • GreenTexan
    It Says Green For A Reason!
    • Jan 2013

Bump

Comment

• subpop77
      • Feb 2013

Hey GreenTexan I am a newb here as well and I take it it from your screen name your from the great State too. I have had iDevices for years but not until recently have I decided to put DVD in my iTunes. I was wondering if you could help me out with my first DVD?

Comment

• Sophocles
        • Jul 2004

".BUP, .IFO and .VOB" Good old DVD (Mpeg2) format in uncompressed or marginally compressed DVDShrink output. A really decent application that I use to compress mpeg2 video into Mpeg4 is Handbrake. I'm sure that it's mentioned somewhere here on this site but just consider this a short cut. A benefit of Handbrake is that it uses X264 codec for compression and is CUDA enabled for greater speed if you have a qualified Vid card. In short, it's simple to use and can re-encode video to "
        File Containers: MP4(M4V) and MKV
        Video Encoders: H.264(x264), MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 (libav), or Theora(libtheora)
        Audio Encoders: AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC (OS X Only), MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis.
        Audio Passthru: AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC and MP3 tracks" with great results.

HandBrake
        Last edited by Sophocles; 3 Feb 2013, 12:18 PM.
        "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Comment

Working...