X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daelik
    • Sep 2008

Subtitle format and line division change in VirtualDub

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I have been trying to embed subtitles in an .avi file twice, with two different videos, and I get this same problem. In Media Subtitler, my subtitles look just fine on screen, with the right line division. But when I open the Subtitler filter in VirtualDub to start the embedding process, my subtitles don't look fine at all anymore. I followed the steps mentioned here: http://www.divxland.org/permanentsubtitling.php. If I choose "manual word wrapping", in order to keep the line division and margins defined in Media Subtitler, my line division seems to be preserved, but the longer subtitles don't fit on screen anymore. The beginning and end of line are out of screen. If I choose "automatic" or "smart" word wrapping modes, the subtitles do fit on screen, but I lose the correct line division, and in some cases subtitles are then split on three lines.

In the instructions at the above URL, if I understand well, it says that "manual word wrapping" should keep the original formatting and line division. So I'm quite lost.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks.
Working...