Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trubeliever
    • Feb 2005

DVD-R or DVD+R: Which is better?

I was curious and searched for info on the difference b/w DVD-R and DVD+R. Other than the fact that they were originally created by different brands; what is the true difference between the two?

So far I’ve only been using DVD+Rs because I read from a couple websites that there are more layers on it, thus holding more info than DVD-Rs. But it also said that this was the reason why DVD+Rs were more expensive than DVD-Rs. Now I’m not sure how accurate or recent this info was, considering that the websites I visited just copied and pasted the same info from each other, and that DVD-Rs and DVD+R are priced exactly the same everywhere I shop. In terms of quality, I truly think there is no difference between the two, so is this layer stuff true? A friend of mine told me that DVD-Rs were better simply based on the fact that everywhere he goes all the DVD-Rs are sold out. Anybody with the truth out there? I’m sure my DVD burner can handle both media types, so which is better?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"what is the true difference between the two?"

In terms of quality - nothing. DVD-R can hold slightly more "Data" (NOT more as far as DVD-related files go) than DVD+R.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

to truebeliever

it's best to see what your player(s)/burner(s) are suited for.
      look here for media compatibility

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...