Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doober
    • Sep 2004

Loosing sub-titles with TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5

What I'm trying to do is get 2 films per disk.

I'm using DVD Shrink 3.2 to first rip the films so they are both about 2.2gb.

Once this is done I then fire up TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5, add the 2 films in, and build my DVD menus.

Then output my new DVD before burning it with Nero 6.

Problem is, if the film has subtitles (as many foreign films obviously do!) they are lost in the process.

The step where they get lost is the TMPGEnc DVD Author stage. I tried burning the two films to two separate disks with Nero directly after using DVD Shrink the subtitles are definitely there.

Anyone know how to keep the subtitles through the TMPGEnc phase, or suggest and alternative to TMPGEnc that will keep them...

Thanks!
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

TMPGEnc DVD Author doesn't support subtitles. You will laways lose them.

You can compile a new DVD made from the 2 DVD's you already have using Shrink's Reauthor then use a program called Titlewriter. This has the ability to write DVD Text on the DVD and create a simple menu. Then burn the files.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/titlewriter/

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Complete (ALL Audio and Subtitles) DVD Shrink Clips to TMPGEnc DVD Author

1) DVD Shrink - Re-author "Start/End"

2) TMPGEnc DVD Author - Author clip AS ONE CHAPTER (It will be silent) with desired menu

3) Replace TMPGEnc DVD Author's "VTS_01_1.VOB" with DVDShrink's "VTS_01_1.VOB"

4) (Easier than using IFOEdit) DVDLab - Tools dropdown menu - "IFO Editor - Audio" - Select the DVD TMPGEnc DVD Author "package" "VTS_01_0.IFO". Change number of audiostreams from "1" to actual number. Then, for each audiostream, enter appropriate information (# of channels, format, language, etc.)

5) IFOEdit - Save modified .IFOs and .BUPs (Cosmetic - Open modified "VTS_01_0.IFO", Select "VTSI_MAT" and change value at "[00000255]" from 4 to 1. Resave.)

6) IFOEdit (To fix appearance of subtitles) - Open DVD Shrink clip's "VTS_01_0.IFO". Select "VTS_PGCITI, click on "+" and then select "VTS_PGC_1". From "Subtitle color" dropdown menu, select "Copy colors from this PGC"

6A) While still in "VTS_PGC_1" - Manually copy Sub-picture stream status numbers starting at [0000001c]

7) IFOEdit - Open modified "VTS_01_0.IFO". Select "VTS_PGCITI, click on "+" and then select "VTS_PGC_1". From "Subtitle color" dropdown menu, select "Paste colors into this PGC"

7A) While still in "VTS_PGC_1" - Manually enter Sub-picture stream status numbers starting at [0000001c]

8) Save modified .IFOs and .BUPs

Comment

• doober
        • Sep 2004

Ouch! That sounds like more trouble than it's worth! Thanks for the thorough info though!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the thorough info though!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• mdw46
            • Feb 2005

I have dvd author and i get no sound when creating a dvd, Do i have to download there ac3 package and also does it work with 5.1 dolby ? I think i saw on there site that it has 2.1 dolby

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

DVD Author works with any Dolby Digital format. You only need the plugin if you want to hear the sound while working in DVD Author.

The software can still read the Dolby Digital sound from the source. The TDA output will still have Dolby Digital without the plugin.

Comment

• mdw46
                • Feb 2005

Thanks, You just saved me some money.When i didn't hear the sound i figured that would have ment i would have no sound when i burned...This is a great forum, I'm learning more and more.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎