X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdobbs
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Sep 2004

You can always request the key file via e-mail (dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com). Just make sure you include your registered e-mail address and the SYSTEM ID that is shown on the registration screen.

Comment

• wild77
      • May 2005

@moonboots just a couple of quick questions.

Using winecfg set oleaut32="native" for rebuilder.exe
      could you give me some more detail on how to do this, and I could not find the asyncfilt.dll only one close was the asycfilt.dll

I still get a Runtime 5 Error after trying this but I may not have set the the override for the oleaut32.dll properly

@jdobbs as soon as I get the free version figured without using two different Wine configurations, I will definitely be working on the Pro version. I have had very good results using the free version with CCE on a number of tests.
      Last edited by wild77; 15 Jan 2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• moonboots
        • Aug 2005

Sorry typo , yes it should be asycfilt

run winecfg , add application from menu ie rebuilder.exe and then open library
        and add oleaut32 and edit it so it is " native " windows only , click apply etc.

Also make sure that NX bit is off, if you have a amd64 , this causes problems with HC encoder etc.

Comment

• wild77
          • May 2005

@moonboots thanks for the help.

I finally have it working with your set-up tips. Now to start working on getting the Pro version going. When I get some time I will put together a guide and post it for anyone interested in trying this out.

Comment

• moonboots
            • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by wild77
            When I get some time I will put together a guide and post it for anyone interested in trying this out.
            The instructions came from various sources including the doom9 forum, a guide would be a good idea.
            I should have said that the files are those which would be added by vbrun60.exe, i simply copied them from a old windows installation.
            Who knows, perhaps with future versions of wine, we won't have need of them ?
            Last edited by moonboots; 17 Jan 2007, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• danpos
              BDVD Team
              • Nov 2005

Great post, it deserves a sticky!

Originally Posted by moonboots
              I'm running DVD-RB Pro with HC encoder under wine 0.9.29/Gentoo

I copied the following dll into win32 directory replacing wine versions ( not sure if this is necessary for all of them ? )
              advpack , asyncfilt , comcat , mfc42 , msvbvn60 , oleaut32 , olepro32 stdole2

Using winecfg set oleaut32="native" for rebuilder.exe
              Great tip, mate! I did it (our mate "Wildchild77" here and at D9 board was who pointed me out to this thread ) and now I've both DVD-RB PRO and FREE working like a charm (Ubuntu 'Edgy' / wine 0.9.29).

Thanks for share your findings with us.

Regards,

Comment

• wild77
                • May 2005

Glad you got it working and definitely a big thank you to moonboots for setting me in the right direction. I have been fighting with this set-up for over a month now. Finally I have all my favorite DVD programs running on one Wine set-up with no issues.

Comment

• wild77
                  • May 2005

I still can not get my Pro version working, here is a screenshot of the error I get

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Did you guys have a problem with registering the Pro version?

Comment

• moonboots
                    • Aug 2005

I think i also had that problem at the start, but managed to solve it, but can't for the life of me, remember how i did it !
                    Your best option is to obtain the key file directly from jdobbs, as mentioned above

Comment

• jdobbs
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Sep 2004

You can send a request with your registered address and SYSTEM ID to dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com and I will send you the key. You could also use a windows based system to download the key, save it, and copy it to your Linux computer.

Comment

• moonboots
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jdobbs
                        You could also use a windows based system to download the key, save it, and copy it to your Linux computer.
                        Yes, i remember now, that's how i did it

Comment

• wild77
                          • May 2005

I have my Pro version working now, I just downloaded the key to LInux desktop and copy and pasted it in the DVD-RB Pro folder. Thanks to jdobbs and moonboots for all the help.

One more step closer to saying goodbye to Windows, especially with what I have been hearing about Vista.

Comment

• wild77
                            • May 2005

Here is a rough draft of my guide, no screenshots yet. I would really like some testers to try it out once it is finished. This is still a work in progress and any and all input will be appreciated.

DVD Rebuilder in Linux using Wine

This guide is for DVD Rebuilder Pro or Free on Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10 and the latest version of Wine. I will also cover the installation of DVD Decrypter, Ripit4Me, and ImgBuurn. VobBlanker also works well using this set-up.

Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X and Unix. Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris.

Configuring Wine
                            Most of the most common configuration changes can be done with the Winecfg tool.

1. In terminal type:
                            winecfg

2. Change the setting under tab "Applications" for Windows Version to "Windows NT 4.0". DVD Decrypter needs this setting.

3. Select the tab "Drives".

4. Press the button "Autodedetect" to let Winecfg automatically detect the drives available on your system.

5. On some systems it might be needed to also select the device letter for your DVD reader/burner and then press the "Show Advanced" button and then set the "Type" to "CD-ROM" in the drop-down list. When you are done, press the "Apply" button.

6. You are now done and can press the OK button to close down Winecfg.

Downloads
                            You will need the following DLL’s mfc42.dll, msvcp60.dll, advpack.dll, asycfilt.dll, comcat.dll, msvbvm60.dll, oleaut32.dll, olepro32.dll, stdole2.tlb. All of these need to be placed into the .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 folder

1. Download and install DVD Decrypter

2. Download and install the Ripit4Me installer from the official site!

3. Trespasser’s NO DVD fix. Open up your text editor and type “Welcome to Ripit4Me” then save this file as “Ripit4Me” Create a new file named “TempIFOs” and place the Ripit4Me text file inside. All you need to do now is copy and paste the TempIFOs file into .wine/drive_c/windows/temp folder.

4. Download and install DVD Shrink

5. Download and install ImgBurn

6. Download and install Cinema Craft Encoder, I use CCE Basic and it works great.

7. Download and install the DVD Rebuilder installer, If you plan on using the pro version you will need to request the key file via e-mail (dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com). Just make sure you include your registered e-mail address and the SYSTEM ID that is shown on the registration screen. After downloading the key you will need to place it in the .wine\drive_c\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO folder

(Screenshot Under Construction)

Next we need to set oleaut.dll to native by running winecfg

8. Under the Applications tab
                            Add application from menu ie Rebuilder.exe

9. Under Libraries tab
                            add oleaut32 and edit it so it is " native " windows only , click apply etc.

10. It's also a good idea to first run both DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter before you run RipIt4me for the first time. Insert a DVD in your DVD reader/burner and check that they can detect the inserted disc. If this works, then you should have no problems with disc detections/readings in RipIt4Me. If you get detection/reading problems, check the settings in winecfg..
                            Last edited by wild77; 11 Sep 2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• mc4man
                              • Jun 2006

will need the following DLL’s mfc42.dll, msvcp60.dll, advpack.dll, asycfilt.dll, comcat.dll, msvbvn60.dll, oleaut32.dll, olepro32.dll, stdole2.dll. All of these need to be placed into the .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 folder
                              is that stdole2.dll or stdole2.tlb ?
                              I've only been able to locate the .tlb
                              Last edited by mc4man; 10 Feb 2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• wild77
                                • May 2005

Sorry for the typo, you will need the stdole2.tlb. I will edit the guide as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎