Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crasymom
    • Feb 2004

copy Divx in Divx to a CD or DVD+RW

Same problem as Dylandog6 : I have a DVD player that plays practically every format on the market, including divX, Xvid, etc.

Some of my movies works when I copy them as simple DATA on a DVD+RW CD, but often I get stopped images, that freeze when movie action is too fast (sound continues but movies stops)

I even don't know exactly how to copy the Divx file I download from the net to a CD DVD. I have Easy CD creator 5.0, and I just used it to copy as data 2 movies that works fine (on a DVD+RW fugifilm 4.7 MB). But as Dylandog6, the third one freeze for few seconds and the sound continue. (on this one I used a DVD+R).

I am sure I need another sofware to copy this kind of file.
    (sorry for my english, I am french, and living in US for 5 years)
    Thak you for your help.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

If you're saving in data mode, thereby not making a DVD compliant disc and running on your PC only; and your file worked ok from hard drive but doesn't from the burned R, I'd suggest media compatibility, maybe a poor brand.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• crasymom
      • Feb 2004

ok, but what to do exactly ?

What is the sofware I need to copy a already Divx format file to a CD (or DVD if not enough space) in Dvix format file ?? I am really a beginner. I am doing that just because as a french living in US, I was unable until now, to buy french DVD in France because of the PAL NTSC format. That's Why I downloaded just few french movies to be able to watch them. But Now I bought a new DVD player multi zone and Divx , so I will be able to buy Dvds in France. . So it's just for a short term. for the movies I already downloaded. I am not for the P2P system. And one the other hand, I don't want to keep my downloaded Divx file on my computer.

Thanks for your help. Step by step, please. Speak clearly and simple.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Some of my movies works when I copy them as simple DATA on a DVD+RW CD, but often I get stopped images, that freeze when movie action is too fast"

Even though you have a standalone DVD player that "plays practically every format on the market, including divX, Xvid, etc." as you stated in your initial post, these "multifaceted" features that the manufacturers advertise are not always what they are cracked-up to be. Do the Divx files play OK on your computer?

A quote from your 2nd post:

"What is the software I need to copy a already Divx format file to a CD (or DVD if not enough space) in Divx format file ??"

You already have "Easy CD creator 5.0". that should be sufficient to burn as a
        "Data" file. Divx is just a "Compressed" AVI file. I think the problem could be your standalone player (" stopped images, that freeze when movie action is too fast") or the media your are using as sfheath indicated.

Comment

• dylandog6
          • Feb 2004

from Dylandog6

"Even though you have a standalone DVD player that "plays practically every format on the market, including divX, Xvid, etc." as you stated in your initial post, these "multifaceted" features that the manufacturers advertise are not always what they are cracked-up to be. Do the Divx files play OK on your computer?"

Answer: yes, the DivX files work just fine on my PC.

But what I need to know - and also what the FrenchMan living in USA needs to know - is:

What software is best in order to avoid problems like these?

What format should we convert the DivX files to? Mpeg2? 1?

And what about the Sound? 44100 ?

Because my opinion is this: if three movies work fine when copied as simple data on my standalone, and one not, then it must be that particular movie that has a different format and/or setting, am I right?

So, maybe if somebody tells us what format is safest, and what sound format is best?

Thanx again for caring

Dylandog6

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

To dylandog6:

"What format should we convert the DivX files to? Mpeg2? 1?"

If you carefully read user "crasymom" 2nd post he/she stated: "What is the software I need to copy a already Divx format file to a CD (or DVD if not enough space) in Dvix format file ??" I understood that to mean the user prefers to keep the file in divx format. That’s why I said the following:

"You already have "Easy CD creator 5.0". that should be sufficient to burn as a
            "Data" file. Divx is just a "Compressed" AVI file. I think the problem could be your standalone player (" stopped images, that freeze when movie action is too fast") or the media your are using as sfheath indicated."

"What format should we convert the DivX files to? Mpeg2? 1?"

You can use "TMPGENc" (different from TMPGENc DVD Author) if you want to convert divx to DVD compliant mpeg-1 or mpeg-2. Use one of the "Project Wizard templates to accomplish the task.

"And what about the Sound? 44100 ?"

44.1 for mpeg-1, and 48 for mpeg 2.

Comment

Working...