X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenda4
    • Mar 2005

Audio out of Sync Still

Hi,

I used the TMPGEnc programs Audio gap correction with a value of +1025 msec and my audio is still out of sync with my video. Can it be possible for the Video to be at a faster rate the audio?? I am wondering if this video will ever get in sync.

Thanks,

greenda4
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

That is a large synch error. You may need to insert some silence into your audio stream and remux. See the prog called Silence on Jsoto's pages.

As well, this is an interesting tutorial on audio sync issues.

Regards
    Last edited by blutach; 4 Apr 2005, 12:38 PM.
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"my audio is still out of sync with my video."

A) Does the disparity increase or decrease as the video progresses, or is it constant?

B) If the original source was an .AVI file (DivX-compressed or otherwise),

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• greenda4
        • Mar 2005

Here is the info I get from Virtual Dub:

Video

Frame Size = 720 X 480, 29.970 fps (33367uS)
        Fps = 47657 (26:30)
        # of I,P,B = 3178/12709/31770
        I Frame = 20016/50785/96880 (157614 k)
        P Frame = 12520/30627/98056 (380125 k)
        B Frame = 3792/20209/58112 (627015 k)
        Avg bit rate = 6000 Kbps (732 Kb/s)

Audio

Format = 48 kHz stereo, 1536 kbps LPCM
        # of frames = 49699
        Total size = 298194 k

It seems like my audio is stretched after reading the link you sent me. Since I am working with an MPEG file, will I be able to load that into the Terabits AVI program?? I have only viewed the first 2 minutes of the video (which is 27 minutes long) and the audio seems close to the video, but I do think that the audio is stretched.

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

greenda4

Go to the "This" link previously suggested by "blutach" and scroll down to "PART 3: The Quick Fix Audio Synch Method" and try that first (allot of times this does not work, but its worth a shot).

Comment

• greenda4
            • Mar 2005

I tried the quick fix detailed in Part 3, but as you say, it didn't work. It doesn't seem that the Terabits program will accept an MPEG file. Am I missing something??

greenda4

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"It doesn't seem that the Terabits program will accept an MPEG file."

Did you try the "PART 2: Fixing Audio Displacement" method at: http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/audio-synch.htm?

Comment

• greenda4
                • Mar 2005

When using VirtualDub 1.4, after I put a value in to delay the audio and hit play on the source file and process the change and I try and play the processed output, I get a message saying that 'The source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not combatible with AVI files. Direct stream copy cannot be used with this video'. What should I do??

greenda4

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

What is the format of your ORIGINAL file (before processing with TMPGEnc)?

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

setarip

It appears that "greenda4" has started another thread as an extension to the one that originally appears here:

Talk about converting to DVDs, encoding in MPEG-2 for DVD compliance, as well as DVD playback and DVD region-free discussions

A quote from his/her initial post from that thread: "I used Adaptec's Videoh! USB2.0 to download to my HDD and I have Sonic's MyDVD 5.2 software to burn to DVD." This would indicate that the original file format is "Mpeg-2" (mp2 or LPCM audio stream).

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

greenda4

In the future, please do not start a "New" thread that pertains to the same subject matter as to a thread that you already previously started (as not to cause confusion). Thanks.
                      Last edited by ormonde; 6 Apr 2005, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• greenda4
                        • Mar 2005

Yes..I believe that my original file is an MPEG2 file created from Adaptec's Videoh! USB 2.0 in conjunction with the MyDVD 5.2 Software.

greenda4

Comment

Working...