Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chamel413
    • Jan 2006

Playback Issue Digitalmax/Liteon

Hello! I have this problem. I recently bought a DVD recorder/player...<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Digitalmax DMD-R0501 by Liteon<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I found out that it doesn't play some of my commercial DVD's. There also seems to be skips in the picture while playing. They recommended to download their firmware from their site.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    http://www.go-digitalmax.com/download.html<o></o>
    <o></o>
    The problem is that the unit has a region hack from the remote to change the DVD regions, and I like having a region free DVD player. I'm afraid; would this option still be available to me if I do this firmware update? I would like it to play DVD's properly, but I also would like it to stay region free.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I'd be grateful for anyone's help. Thanks!<o></o>
    <o></o>
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum chamel413!

Just curious, can you not apply the region free hack after updating to the new firmware they recommended?

Comment

• chamel413
      • Jan 2006

Thanks!

No, that's what i'm trying to find out. I haven't tried updating the firmware yet because I'm afraid that I won't beable to do the region hack anymore.

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

This is all I could find for comments on the player.
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. The only thing I can tell you is try it.

Comment

Working...