• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Nero Cover Designer - Label settings?

I have been working at this most of the afternoon & having trouble!

1. How do I get the front cover & the track list to print properly so I can simply fold it & insert in a case? (slimline, for example) When I print it out, the front label & track list is not printed so it displays properly in the case. When folded, the track list is upside - down.

2. I can't get the disc contents/track list to "autofill". I am having to type them manually.
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

1. How do I get the front cover & the track list to print properly so I can simply fold it & insert in a case? (slimline, for example) When I print it out, the front label & track list is not printed so it displays properly in the case. When folded, the track list is upside - down.
    After some experimenting, my workaround for this is to insert the pic upside down on the front of the booklet; not the best way of doing it, but it is working for now. With this method, I have to fold the insert "top to bottom", instead of the standard insert way (sideways) on the bought cd.

Stll can't get the track contents to "autofill" on the back of the insert. I am backing up a standard wav cd. Tired of typing all that in manually! Anyone have a better suggestion?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

may not be the best way, but it will insert properly sized for jewel case a full track list. took me half a day of pissin around to figure this out....in cover designer select this (i use nero express, but cover designer has a button in nero burning rom at top):

now on this screen

go to object>insert>track list. use the mouse and "left click" and drag to make a square to fill the entire open existing square. all tracks in compilation will appear. print the sucker.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

LT, I am doing exactly that; However, I get no tracks to appear, just an empty square. It seems as if Nero is not reading the info. from the cd...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

these files on the HD? you are making an audio cd?
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• olyteddy
            • Nov 2006

Do you use the cover designer immediately after you burn? It won't read the CD but will import the track list from the burn.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

you have to let nero act like it's going to makes mp3's and load their names from cddb database, I just load the cd, tell nero to make an audio cd then tell it to save tracks, it then pulls up a cddb window, I select which album it is and at the bottom is a print jewel case option

tibetan bells is kind of sparse tho

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

these files on the HD? you are making an audio cd?
                I am backing up cds' & also have files (mp3 & wav) on the HD. I am making an audio cd.

@ chewy, I followed your instruction, & almost got it, except I can't get Nero to access the online database. I have enabled everything Nero related in my firewall, so I know that is not blocking the conenction. Help!

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

those are all bogus file sizes(shortcuts)

this only works for mp3's that are tagged at rip and audio cd's that you are copying

cddb can't identify individual mp3's

Comment

• katzdvd
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Feb 2006

this only works for mp3's that are tagged at rip and audio cd's that you are copying
                    I guess I don't understand...That track list is loaded directly from my audio (wav) cd. (Drive H in the location window). I select all files & they "analyze" & load into the project; (wav files) then the next window asks if I want to connect to the database. I guess what I am saying is that I am copying an audio/store bought cd.

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

sorry Katz, that's exactly what I just did, but mine retrieved the information

must be your firewall afterall
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Chewy; 29 Nov 2006, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

Yeah, this is very strange. I checked out the troubleshooting on Nero website, & did what they said, & it still don't work.

Funny thing is, I can use Acoustica label maker, & it does access the database just fine & loads all the song/track info. Problem is, I am using a trial version of that software, & didn't want to have to pay for a second pgm. if Nero would do it for me.

Maybe I should uninstall/reinstall Nero?

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

check those settings in nero preferences like my screenshot

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

I solved the problem! I am running Cyberpatrol on this pc, to keep the "little ones" safe, & it was doing the blocking. I disabled Cyberpatrol & was able to connect to the database.

Sometimes filtering software works too well!

thanks to all for the assistance
                            regards, katz

Comment

• katzdvd
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Feb 2006

This Nero software is driving me mad! IF I make an audio CD & use Coverdesigner at THAT time, the track list will show up for me on the label. But, if I make the CD & try to insert the track list at a later time, it will not insert it on the label.

I have tried this with my own compilation CDs as well as a factory pressed CD, & still the track list will not show up. What am I doing wrong here?!?

BTW, I have trial software (expired) from acoustica that will read the track list at any time, so in my thinking the problem lies with Nero somwhere...

Please help - Trying to make some Christmas CDs & time is growing short!!!

regards,
                              katz

Comment

Working...