X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Francis60
    leong
    • Apr 2008

Sound is faster than movie after splitting

I have used a video splitter to split a large video file into two smaller files. The first file is ok but the second file is not ok. The sound on the second file is running faster than the movie. What has gone wrong? Can anyone please help. Thank you.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

What type of video file? What splitter ?
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Francis60
      leong
      • Apr 2008

Its an avis video file and I use an easy video splitter.

Comment

• Francis60
        leong
        • Apr 2008

sorry its an AVI file.

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

AVI file.
          AVI can be of all types. Give full file info using Mediainfo.
          In the meantime try Virtualdub for your cutting purposes.
          If you feel VD to be a bit awkward to use, come back for instructions.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Francis60
            leong
            • Apr 2008

Thank you. I have used the Mediainfo to obtain the complete info of this file. You will be able to see it below at the attachment under the file name AVSEQ01.txt
            Attached Files

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
              It Was The Dog, I Swear!
              • Nov 2003

What has gone wrong is that you didn't use virtualdub. Most of those so-called "easy" splitters don't split properly.
              My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Francis60
                leong
                • Apr 2008

sound is faster than movie after splitting

Originally Posted by DrinkOrDie
                What has gone wrong is that you didn't use virtualdub. Most of those so-called "easy" splitters don't split properly.
                Thank you. But, I do not know how to use virtualdub for splitting file. Can you please teach me?

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                  It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                  • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by Francis60
                  Thank you. But, I do not know how to use virtualdub for splitting file. Can you please teach me?
                  Sorry, there's no way I can do that. You'll have to learn by teaching yourself. I didn't know how to use it at first. This website http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/vir...procedures.htm
                  explains much about using Virtualdub. VirtualdubMod is only slightly different. You will see on that web page instructions for splitting AVI's. Read it, give it a try, and experiment, then you will learn for yourself by gaining experience. Once you master it, you will find Virtualdub very useful.

Good luck!
                  My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎