X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

DVDs, Hollywood's Profit Source, Are Sagging

So far, total DVD sales are down by about 4 percent for the year, with most of that weakness coming in October, according to data compiled by Warner Brothers, the largest distributor of DVDs. The independent tracking service Nielsen VideoScan paints a bleaker picture, reporting a 9 percent drop in overall DVD sales during the third quarter alone and a 22 percent decline in sales of higher-priced new titles, although its data does not include results at Wal-Mart.
    Total DVD sales are down by about 4 percent for the year, contributing to a creeping dread in Hollywood.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Maybe if they stopped skimping on their DVDs (what happened to the 2-disc ones with tons of extras? I don't want to pay $20 for a movie with only a trailer or something!), more people would buy them.

Or maybe if there were actually some good movies released in October, the same would happen.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Yes, really, I have not seen anythig I would want to purchase in the last two months.

Good thing for rental at REDBOX, weekly update of standard defination DVD's at only $1.00 plus tax.
      And, my Blockbuster rewards card is still working well. Girlfriend still has Netflix.
      Last edited by ed klein; 23 Nov 2008, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎