• Nov 2003

Pirate Bay sold

Pirate Bay snapped up by Swedish software firm

• admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Well that's a bit of a shock. This is what the new owners have said:

Originally Posted by Global Gaming Chief Executive Hans Pandeya
    We would like to introduce models which entail that content providers and copyright owners get paid for content that is downloaded via the site
    Sounds like the end of TPB to me. Shame.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

April 1, has come & gone, right? Or is this going to keep going until next April 1?

Comment

• rago88
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Aug 2005

5 things to know about Pirate-bay sale..

update:
        this is latest scoop.....

Sorry for thread jacking, but the knee-jerk reaction on Digg is astoundingly embarrassing. Here's Krs's (co-founder of TPB) post on Reddit regarding the situation:

"TPB has been owned by a company for the last years since the raid so nothing there will really change except the names of the owners. The talk about TPB are going to be a pay site is wrong, the CEO that said that does not know what he is talking about.

Now, the BIG change is that the tracker is going to be outsourced to a new formed company that wont know what they track, just that they connect peers, and the torrent listings will be handed by an other new company that will have torrents but they will not know either content or who is using the torrents. This setup will be practically impossible to take down or find anyone liable to sue.

The 3d party company services will have APIs, so you can on your blog or whatever have your own small torrent listings just as you now pull in twitter feeds. remember how the twitter design totally havoced the iranian attempts to block it as ppl just used another side that pulled in the feeds and read it there instead? well that goes for torrents and TPB to.

All in all, this is not the end of the world as some are seeing it but a rather interesting technical improvement.

And dont worry, not a dime will go to the media industries spectrial prize money what i know of but a really nice fund for doing cool stuff.

/krs - co.founder of TPB and PB, not involved in TPB anymore and have no stake in any cash."

[...
        Last edited by rago88; 1 Jul 2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Wombler
          Affable Wanderer
          • Jul 2006

Very interesting news rago88.

I've seen this story posted on several forums but that's the first I've heard of the official response.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wombler

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...