X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Class Action Lawsuit Over PS3 Firmware Failures

A class action lawsuit has been launched against Sony for their botched introduction of their latest PS3 firmware, 3.00 and 3.01, both of which have caused freezing and controller related problems.

The firmware updates are mandatory for anyone who wants to play online, and so many people have been forced into updating, only to find that their system freezes, that Blu-ray drive no longer reads any drive, or that their controllers stop working.

Sony will repair all machines for free if it is under warranty, but charges a standard $150 fee for out of warranty repairs, which has angered some users enough for them to sue Sony for "compensation and restitution for breach of implied warranty."

Personally, I think this is a bit over the top. However, if this helps to highlight the firmware update issue that I have personally experienced, and help to shake up the PS3 firmware team into actually doing some beta testing, then it would have been worth it.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Well, if it's Sony's fault that it breaks, they should pay for it.

So I agree with the guys who're suing them... it's about time someone did.

Like the time when they wanted to charge me $33 to repair my DVD player that was in warranty. Stupid greedy corporations.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡