X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

EU Against Three-Strikes Provision For International Copyright Treaty

The European Union has made its position clear regarding adding a three-strikes provision to the currently debated International copyright treaty (ACTA).

Copyright groups and media owners currently are lobbying for a three-strikes provision to be added to the ACTA, thus putting more pressure on governments around the world to adopt a system where users suspected of downloading pirated content would be kicked off the Internet after two warnings. The ACTA also intends to force other countries to adopt the US style DMCA legislations.

While the EU has not come out against a three-strikes system as such, they are against having a treaty which forces its members to adopt such a system without the flexibility to opt out. And as such, the EU has stated that they do not want a three-strikes provision in the ACTA.

More:

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Kicked off the Internet? So they use the net under someone else's name or at the library etc... Come on these guys are really acting like a bunch of school yard kids. Reminds me of the disenchanted kids that never got picked to play a game or something.

Ttytt this is really a witch hunt now as it is. Not because there aren't any Pirates but the way they're responding to Piracy w/all these grandiose measures.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

They'll track the IP address of the downloader, get the ISP to identify the account that the IP address belongs to, and then ban the account, regardless of who was using it at the time (could be a public computer like at the library, or could be a shared Internet connection at home with all members of your family - and if you wireless connection is hijacked, then that's bad luck because you get banned for the unauthorised usage). IP addresses can also be spoofed, meaning those smart enough can easily use your IP address to download pirated stuff and you get blamed for it.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Yes I know. All they need to do is use a computer at another location under another name. This is going to cost way too much anyway, and since they don't want to pay I doubt this will really take all over. It sounds easy to track a IP address but it it takes money and people to do it. They're prolly playing the percentages game where if they expose and convict many Pirates it will discourage others from doing so or continuing. Those million dollar fines are not small change. That kid or person you posted about will never be able to pay that unless he's wealthy.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...