X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Nintendo 3DS Has Power of PS3/Xbox 360?

This is an weird one. In IGN's preview of Nintendo's upcoming 3D DS console, the 3DS, some developers that have had a chance to play with the hardware claim that it is far more powerful than the Wii, and could be on par with the Xbox 360 or PS3 when it comes to processor power.

Apart from the physical impossibility this presents, that a small handheld console can somehow be as powerful as a the giant (comparatively) PS3/Xbox 360. However, perhaps the developers are taking about PS3/Xbox 360 like graphics, but with the 3DS's smaller screen (and lower resolution), it might all just be possible to have PS3/Xbox 360 "like" games.

The 3DS will employ 3D technology where the viewer will not need glasses to view the 3D effect, similar to those holographic cards you sometimes get with packets of potato chips, but obviously more advanced. The disadvantage of such a system is that viewing angles are particularly limited, but that's not a problem on a small screen.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

I thought the 3DS was an April Fool's joke... you mean it's not?
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

It's real, and it will most likely give you 3D without glasses using what's called the parallax barrier technology.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...