Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kimagure-No-Ken
    • Apr 2004

AVI Normalize and MP3Gain programming?

AVI Normalize is 3 utilities which extracts the mp3 from avi file(s) and then normalizes the mp3 in MP3Gain and last combine avi with the new mp3-file using NanDub. It's all done by executing a bat-file.

Now here is the problem! MP3Gain(Dos-version, command-line back end) can not Normalize to a specified level(dB of max volume) so it is automated and can still become clip in mp3-audio. I've tried all dos-commandos available in mp3gain.exe but no success.
    MP3Gain has a GUI called MP3GainGUI.exe, it normalizes mp3 at a desired dB, so it has more functions.

Here is my question:

Does anyone know how to edit the bat-file so the MP3Gain GUI handles the mp3 instead of MP3Gain DOS?

I've tried to replace mp3gain.exe with MP3GainGUI.exe in bat-file, and when I execute the bat-file it opens the mp3-file in MP3Gain GUI but doesn't normalize it.

The source-code for MP3Gain GUI is at the author's website.

Anyone with programming knowledge(Visual Basic and C++) and script macro commands (bat-file)!

Please Help?!
    Attached Files
  • BoF
    • Nov 2001

Re: AVI Normalize and MP3Gain programming?

Originally posted by Kimagure-No-Ken
    Now here is the problem! MP3Gain(Dos-version, command-line back end) can not Normalize to a specified level(dB of max volume) so it is automated and can still become clip in mp3-audio.
    hello,
    have you tried this command:
    mp3gain.exe /?
    /k - automatically lower Track gain to not clip audio
    just add the "/k" parameter into the convert.bat file
    convert.bat
    start /wait mp3gain /r /k aa.mp3
    Originally posted by Kimagure-No-Ken

I've tried to replace mp3gain.exe with MP3GainGUI.exe in bat-file, and when I execute the bat-file it opens the mp3-file in MP3Gain GUI but doesn't normalize it.
    A GUI (Graphical User Interface) waits for user actions so you will have to start the process and close the GUI window yourself. MP3GainGUI.exe uses mp3gain.exe so we are pretty sure that some parameters ask mp3gain to normalize to a specified level. You should directly ask the author.
    [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

Working...