Jake Wants a New Computer or to build one!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctorhardware
    replied
    Jake, try checking out TigerDirect that is where I got my son's pci-e video card. It has 512mb of video ram on the card. I think I paid $99.00 for it.
    Last edited by doctorhardware; 31 Mar 2007, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jm1647
    replied
    Originally Posted by JakeBlues
    OK I don't GET IT,
    it says "64 meg "ON-Board" but it's a 256 card.. how the heck does it work and what the heck does it mean?!
    Here's my shot at it - Like onboard video that uses system memory, the card has 64MB onboard and uses the rest from system memory.

EDIT - where I got it at, techonweb, it wasn't the cheapest price, the egg was a lil cheaper but OOS when I wanted to order it.

Leave a comment:

• soup
    replied
    It was the first time I saw it last night & as far as I know everybody's pulling for you but the tech stuff, for now I leave to others.

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    BTW.. sou that bizrate thing is kinda cool... not like pricewatch where the guys try to out do each other by like pennies at a time...

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Chewy.. I have a question (or 2 ... heh)
    OK, The first link the reviews all sucked! MORE than 1/2 were not happy with the card...
    The next 2 got MUCH better reviews and they are VERY close to each other and I read them but I don't understand the differences...
    There is not a HUGE price difference in them, so either one is acceptable.. i realize at THIS point I'm gonna have to PAY for a card no matter what.
    Please point out the good and the bad of each card and then let me know which one pans out.
    I haven't gamed in a LONG time... but my brother and a few friends are giving me something called "far cry" and "dawn of war" and a few others as a gift and I want them to work ok.
    (The only BS con about all this!??? I'll have a KICK ASS machine as far I am concerned, sure others will disagree but I AM THE ONE THAT WILL BE HAPPY! but where I freakin` live we only have the dial up option!!! No DSL no cable notta... sux man!)
    LOL
    Thanks for all your help!

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Originally Posted by jm1647
    Edit - I'm old too

I'm not a gamer and don't watch my DVDs on the puter so I went on the cheap. At the time I ordered my video card and when I ordered this is what I got.

MSI NX6200LE-TD64E GeForce 6200 LE 256MB(64MB on Board) 128-bit PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card
    http://www.techonweb.com/products/pr...aspx?id=D47005
    OK I don't GET IT,
    it says "64 meg "ON-Board" but it's a 256 card.. how the heck does it work and what the heck does it mean?!

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Bro soup!
    Questions (and thanks) the first is a 128 meg card... I want atleast a 256 so I dun have to worry about up grades for a while...
    The second link gave me a world of choices.. umm and I'm all confused again which one...
    I know I NEED a pci-e card ) I see things like "THD" (the stuff in pot isn't it? .. kidding).. and then "DVI" .. "HDCP".. umm i dunno what the heck all these things mean!! I've never HEARD of slots with those names... like agp or pci... ide... etc etc...
    the only one in my price range is this one...
    Leadtek GeForce 7300 GS TDH / 256MB GDDR2 / Supporting 512MB with TurboCache / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card

I dunno if it will work with my Mo_Bo, I listed the one I bought...
    ohhh
    the OTHER question is this.. chewy said don't get ones with SLI because my Mo-Bo (i think) ad my power supply will not handle them...
    most have that SLI logo on em...
    What to do/look for?

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Originally Posted by katzdvd
    Ummm...I'm a guy, not a "she"! But that's ok, screen names can be confusing, I guess!
    Apologies!!!!!!!!!!
    Dun be mad... he, she ....it's all good!
    Point being... "u r a good person"
    I thought you kinda knew alot about computers... for a girl and all...
    hehe
    Your pal reguardless!

Leave a comment:

• soup
    replied
    7300 GT LeadTEK.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814122008.

http://www.nextag.com/Leadtek--300249/brand-html.
    Last edited by soup; 31 Mar 2007, 11:39 AM. Reason: Add links.

Leave a comment:

• katzdvd
    replied
    Kaz she is sooooooooooooo supportive. she's trying (and she's a good pal!)
    Ummm...I'm a guy, not a "she"! But that's ok, screen names can be confusing, I guess!

Leave a comment:

• jm1647
    replied
    Originally Posted by Chewy
    when they tested those turbocache(shares system memory) cards they did a lot better than expected, systems are so much faster now the concept really works

need a gig of memory tho
    I'm glad to hear that Chewy. I got 2 512MB sticks for now, room for another 2

Leave a comment:

• Chewy
    replied
    when they tested those turbocache(shares system memory) cards they did a lot better than expected, systems are so much faster now the concept really works

need a gig of memory tho

Leave a comment:

• jm1647
    replied
    Originally Posted by JakeBlues
    jm he's like me, don't spend more than you have too.. wait for it to go on sale!

.....Getting old sux.............
    Edit - I'm old too

I'm not a gamer and don't watch my DVDs on the puter so I went on the cheap. At the time I ordered my video card and when I ordered this is what I got.

MSI NX6200LE-TD64E GeForce 6200 LE 256MB(64MB on Board) 128-bit PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card
    Last edited by jm1647; 31 Mar 2007, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chewy
    replied

bargain basement price after rebate

step up

another step up

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    thank you Rat...
    I know you and soup are like twin brothers of different mothers..
    So thanks to you both!!!!!!!!!

Kaz she is sooooooooooooo supportive. she's trying (and she's a good pal!)
    You know brother chewy... He's been there thru thick and thin.. even if I don't understand his replies half the time.... ( sorry, I'M OLD and I don't get em all!).. jm he's like me, don't spend more than you have too.. wait for it to go on sale!
    But I feel like I just want to be finished with this BS. and get on with the gaming and burning!!!
    Now I was going to test today but I don't have memory to see if the Mo-Bo and cpu is right on............ phuck! (edit that word if needed)
    I went thru Soup's links (ty bro) but it's making my head spin!, NO rebates?? No free shipping?? No great deals on a pci-e vid card??
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I don't want "the best" I just want "good enough".
    I am "KISS" keeping it Simple... stupid! or trying too.........
    at least I get paid again tomorrow.
    Getting old sux.............

Leave a comment:

Working...