Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barabba
    • Mar 2009

Need SPDIF HW Expert

Hello, I would ask how I can interface an electric AES/EBU to a spdif optic ingress trough a resistor and a LED on 2-3 pin of XLR connector.
    The electric circuit is like this: Berhinger Ultravoice VX2496- digital XLR output -> pin2-3 connect a high effency red LED by a 1000 ohm resistor-> optic ingress of a Sound Blaster USB.
    LED turns on and the Sound Blaster recognize the digital signal (it start sound noisy) but it seams it cannot sincronize to the optic clock datagram from. Case could be:
    1.SB just accept standard streaming 44Hhz-16-stereo and can't sync with a different clock source (solution try to change the input setup, to match source clock [which I set to 44.1khz mono by switch] or the probably the SB can't accept the 24bit audio format, seams impossible cause DTS has 24 bit, I don't know). Solution force optic input setup (HOW TO?), or use on berhinger an external clock source (IT WORKS?)
    2. The light of led it's not enough straight [I'm using an high efficency red LED). I dubt about it, SB recognize the signal while spotted by light, but maybe 1-0 is inverted (due to te LED inversed polarization), or 1-0 aren't enough clear (rifractions or low light power).
    3. It should be needed to adapt the protocol, I know there are some small differences, that make it don't syncronize/work. This solution is possible to obtain with a cheap electronic stuff? It exist one IC that converts formats itself?

Thank you a lot for reply, I hope it helps everybody to understand how it works. I should record my voice digitally!
Working...