PC Building - What are my realtime options for pro HD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lukeflegg
    • Aug 2009

PC Building - What are my realtime options for pro HD?

I have around £2000 to play with, hardware only.

I'm hoping I can build a NLE that can edit HD in realtime.. (Realtime 2nd colour correction, transitions, preferably mixed formats etc)

The formats I know I'll be working with are
    -XDCAM EX (EX1)
    -1920x1080p h.264 (Canon 5D mkII)

IDEALLY I would also be able to work with RED's REDCODE 42mBps, though I imagine I couldn't expect to edit this in realtime? (at least not without proxy?)

I really need some help!
    My understanding is that the first thing to decide is my realtime hardware; for example:

-Matrox RTX2 (which would dictate Premiere CS4, and specific chipset/etc) though I believe the RTX2 can't work in 1920x1080p?

-nVidia Quatro?

- ...??

While I would be interested to hear any suggestions/information, I am really only looking to spend £2000 max, so just want to be realistic about what I can do with that in terms of realtime video editing for my low-mid budget freelance work.

--UPDATE--

I'm now leaning toward PremCS4 with Cineform Prospect4K, which claims to do amazing realtime things without any realtime hardware, though it does add an annoying stage to the workflow (creating Cineform files from your original clips)...
Working...