X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yogi55
    • Nov 2005

no need all fonts,can delete some?

Greetings
    Well ,I've come to terms with win 7(old XP user).In xp I could take out most any font, to make room for others that I would use more often.getting rid of some fonts that looked so much like another.In win 7 I go to 'fonts' in control panel. when I try to delete them, get message that "they are system fonts" canot delete.Is there some way to get around this?
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Is your hard drive really that small that you need to delete system fonts?

I don't know of a way around it but I'd highly suggest not trying to delete system files!
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• yogi55
      • Nov 2005

other programs

Have plenty of hard drive,and then some.just that other programs I use for graphics use windows font base.And it loads up abunch of fonts that all look the same.even though they where mean for other langues.

Comment

• rago88
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Aug 2005

I kinda agree that with having these huge hard drives these days,
        getting rid of something like fonts doesn't reap back in space like it did in the old days...

If I deleted fonts today, with a 500 gig hardrive, it would be purley out of curiosity just to see if I could as I also have Win 7...
        but, it's your rig so.........
        Anyway,
        if you delete let us know how you got around the "cannot delete system files" IF YOU DARE..lol.......

Comment

• chowder
          • Feb 2010

click on font settings on the left side corner after clicking the control panel on fonts. good luck

Comment

Working...