• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

VOB/VTS Folders/Files Estimated Life Expectancy

Ok so DVD has had a great run and tons of reasons why. Now w/all the alternative formats getting better and more readily available would anyone like to estimate from your experience how much longer will VOB files remain in use?

1 reason I ask is because I just updated a software for another year of free updates/support after much deliberation. I thought I might not need it anymore w/all the great freeware available. Behold I needed to do some quick work and I actually found myself using this software as it got results when I needed them at the time. Regardless of another proggie doing the same thing is a mood point.

Now I hope VOB files ala VTS folders will be around for a few since I obviously just updated this software. Another reason I updated was being it's a large company and foreseeing x64 bit being mainstream at some point, I would presume they would upgrade it and support it as well. Thnx.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
Working...