X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Reports: The Orange Box PS3 Inferior

Okay, that's it. We've officially lost patience with EA, provided the following report is accurate.

According to early feedback concerning the PS3 version of The Orange Box and an article by pspsps.tv, it seems PS3 owners are going to get shafted once again with an inferior multiplatform title. 1Up recently did a preview on the game and said that not only will the title run at a relatively pathetic 30 frames per second, but even that doesn't work very well. Now, why would Valve do something like this? Well, they didn't (at least, not really). It seems Valve dumped the PS3 development off on an internal EA team so Valve could focus more closely on the Xbox 360 version. This isn't really surprising, considering Gabe Newell has been slamming the PS3 all year...which apparently gives Valve license to slack off and essentially ignore PS3 owners.

I wouldn't say it's a case of "slacking off", but rather, more to do with lack of time and resources at Valve if they wanted to release the Orange Box in time for the holiday season. It's not like half of Valve's programmers are just sitting there twiddling their thumbs just so they don't have to work on the PS3 version. I'm sure if Valve had the resources internally, they wouldn't have gotten an outside team to do it, which would cost Valve more since I don't think the EA people would do it for free. It's also the case of getting two average versions out at a later date, or getting a great version out on time and then an "inferior" version slightly later. Blame Sony for making the PS3 time consuming to programme for.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...