X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Gamers Choose Xbox 360 Version of GTA IV Over PS3

The poll garnered around 18,000 votes and found that 64% voted that they would buy the Xbox 360 version, with only 36% voting for the PS3 version.

Microsoft are doing some very clever things with GTA IV. By giving money to Rockstar for exclusive content, it gives the "appearance" that the 360 version might just be better than the PS3 version since Microsoft paid for the privileges (but in reality, both versions should be nearly identical, the exclusive optional contents apart).

And also the bundling of GTA IV and Halo 3, the two best selling games on the Xbox 360, with the Xbox 360 Arcade - all for under $AUD 500. This is nearly $200 less than the cheapest PS3 bundle here, and when people make that comparison, plus the aforementioned appearance of superiority, the 360 version might just edge out the PS3 version in terms of sales (probably not here in Australia as the PS3 is selling very well, but the Special Edition of the game is sold out most places for the 360 version, while the PS3 version is still available, so make of it what you will).

If I didn't already have a 360, I would definitely have jumped on this offer and I think that's what Microsoft are hoping will happen. On the other hand, there is the slightly more difficult to calculate figure of PS2 users upgrading to the PS3 to get GTA IV, given the GTA series' role in helping the PS2 to become the dominant last-gen console.

And yes, I have pre-ordered my copy of GTA IV (Special Edition for the 360).
    Last edited by admin; 2 Apr 2008, 10:35 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...