X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

We have a nikon cool pix's..5 MP its not a bad little camera does video as well...but I do notice light problems as well and the main thing that I don't like about it is that there is a delay from when you press the button to take the pic to when the pic does take..can be frustrating for on the go type pics
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• TNT
      DVD Shrinker
      • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by Derree
      there is a delay from when you press the button to take the pic to when the pic does take..can be frustrating for on the go type pics
      Oh yeah, that's another reason I got the SONY. Very Fast.
      Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
      I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

I think I am going to go with the <a href="http://www.electrodiscounts.com/digital/discr25933.htm">Sony DSC-W7 </a> the information I got from nwg helped my decision as well as the recent comment from TNT I will be placing my order on the 10th of Jan and when I receive my camera I will post some pictures of the start of my knife collection

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• TNT
          DVD Shrinker
          • Jan 2004

That's a nice price for a 7.2
          Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
          I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

I agree it's to good to pass upMaybe I will get lucky and a sale will pop up between now and the 10th

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
              I think I am going to go with the <a href="http://www.electrodiscounts.com/digital/discr25933.htm">Sony DSC-W7 </a> the information I got from nwg helped my decision as well as the recent comment from TNT I will be placing my order on the 10th of Jan and when I receive my camera I will post some pictures of the start of my knife collection
              That is a good price. I don't need the 7mpixel so I settled for the 4mpixel S90 and saved a further £70. The W7 is £200 in the uk. Both should be the same except for the resolution.

I also recommend getting Memory Stick Pro for the card. It writes faster over standard memory stick and also the movie "fine quality" mode only works with the Pro. You can also use MS Pro Duo but it needs a adapter to make it fit in the camera.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

Thanks for the advice nwgIf I have any questions with the camera settings and stuff is it alright if I pick your brain

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
                  Thanks for the advice nwgIf I have any questions with the camera settings and stuff is it alright if I pick your brain

Fine, but I am still learning as I have only had the camera since Xmas. The menus are pretty good majke it easier to use.

The camera picture on the top dial is for fully automatic (the only thing you can change is image size and single/burst mode). P is Program Auto Exposure and lets you change more things while keeping other things automatic. Auto mode is permantly set to fine quality. I use P mode to change quality to standard when needed and keep everything else set to auto.

That should be enough to get you started.

Also, you probably won't get a case with it. I had to buy one separately.
                  Last edited by nwg; 2 Jan 2006, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                    NOT an online superstore
                    • Oct 2005

Lucky me, I have a case already from my 35mm Nikon camera (film) so I will just swap the cameras when I travel, taking only one in the case.
                    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                    My DVD Collection

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
                      Fine, but I am still learning as I have only had the camera since Xmas. The menus are pretty good majke it easier to use.

The camera picture on the top dial is for fully automatic (the only thing you can change is image size and single/burst mode). P is Program Auto Exposure and lets you change more things while keeping other things automatic. Auto mode is permantly set to fine quality. I use P mode to change quality to standard when needed and keep everything else set to auto.

That should be enough to get you started.

Also, you probably won't get a case with it. I had to buy one separately.
                      Very good information thanks again for your help it is
                      appreciated

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

Well I did it but I have to say I changed my mind on the brand of camera I went ahead and got the <a href="http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/a620.html"> Canon PowerShot A620 </a> I felt this camera had more to offer it should be here some time this week I hope I will post some shots when I get it

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• atifsh
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2003

congrates on ur purchace, u got a really nice camera, and obveously cannon is one of the leading brands for camera.
                          one thing i realize this model has a under water housing available too, if u ever wanted to use it i say u buy it asap, because usually these thing dont last long, as my olympus though has the under water housing but its not avaialable now.
                          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• BR7
                            • Aug 2005

Thanks for the advice atifsh I will keep that in mind

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...