• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

iPod vs. Zune?

Hi

My grandma apparently is willing to get me an iPod for Christmas. I was telling my mom that I'd rather have the similarly-priced Zune because I like it better.

I thought I'd ask your opinions though before telling my grandma to get a Zune instead, which do you think is better?

Now, I don't want anyone saying "Don't get a Zune because it's Microsoft" or "iPod is cool because it's easy to use"... they both hold a lot of songs and I don't care about the brand.

Feature-wise, the Zune has a radio which already is worth it to me... as I listen to the radio a lot (morning shows and the like).

Other than that though, what do you think? They both can play videos... the Zune has a bigger screen... but do videos look better on one or the other?

Anyone who owns an iPod or Zune, I'd appreciate some input... especially anyone who has used both. All I know is they both run around the same price, it's 25GB for Zune vs. 30GB for the basic iPod, I don't mind losing 5GB for a radio tuner.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

This hope this isn't to late to post .But if your interested in zune you may want to check out the price on this refurbished one LINK

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

I bought the new I zune 30 GB and I think it is worht it
      sigpic

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Yeah, I'm leaning toward the Zune ATM.

And it would be a Christmas gift so no it's not too late!
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Alien Bay
          Always learning
          • Oct 2004

Make sure you can return

I bought a Zune in August because of the price compared to iPod. I loaded it up with music and it was okay. But when I played it for long periods, it became hard to listen to in that quality of the sound wasn't there. None of the music was bright. All sort of muffled. But it wasn't apparent until I had the ear phones on for a while. I took it back and bought an iPod Nano. What a difference in sound. I would never recommed a Zune because of the sound quality.
          APOD

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

Depends on the headphones. My over-the-head headphones will own any iPod headphones... earbuds just don't have a decent bass level.

MP3 players are MP3 players, I don't think the sound quality differs that much. Video quality is affected by what you encode it with.

Maybe you can tweak the EQ in the Zune to make it sound good.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• lhiane
              • Dec 2007

well i would go to ipod..but now i got stellito 100 model its much better than ipod or zune well its a satellite radio that looks like an ipod but it has a microSD card on it so you can store music to it....

----------
              many thanks!
              LHIANE

Comment

Working...