X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZacOz
    • Jan 2005

Identifying file where Bad Disc sector occurs

Question:
    Is there a quick way to identify what file (ie IFO,BUP,VOB) a particular disc bad sector affects ?
    I realise that I could rip the whole thing with DVD Decrypter (File mode) and see when it stops, but this obviously would require the HD space and the time to rip.
    Also if it's in a VOB, can it be identified if it's in the video or which audio stream ?

Background:
    Tried out a new (for me) brand of discs (RitekG05) and had 3 out of 8 fail. 1 failed to burn fully and the other 2 supposedly burned ok, but then failed validation - both exactly at sector 2212064 (0021c0e0 h) for approx 20 sectors. Source and ISO are fine, so it's either the burn process or media. (I ended up shrinking source even further to finish before this problem sector - disc then burnt and verified fine. Think I might go back to Verbatim.)

I've checked out the disc in a standalone player, expecting to have it halt somewhere or get artifacts on screen, but couldn't locate any such issues. I obviously haven't covered every part of the disc though (there's multiple commentaries etc). Player is very old and very fussy.

Thanks....
Working...