Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Maynard
    • Jan 2003

DVD2AVI having trouble ripping Resident Evil

I had a problem with DVD2AVI converting Resident Evil the other day. Well, actually also had a problem ripping it too with Smartripper. With Smartripper it would freeze up towards the end, then it would start doing a key search and then would give up and ask me if I want to quit ripping. If I clicked on NO it would quit anyway. If I clicked YES it would continue and finish ripping. A little backwards.
    When I load it into DVD2AVI it gets right up to the end as the chic walks out of the hospital and notices the destruction. Right before the camera backs away it freezes and won't encode anymore.
    I don't know about you but I love us the dvd2avi program. I've used others and don't really like them that much. But the only other program I had tried that worked was DVDx. It's alot slower than dvd2avi but it worked. So I just used that to convert the last two chapters and extract the ac3 audio. Then I used Nandub to mux the audio in with the video and pasted the two segments together. It took several tries to finagle the settings to get the two clips to fit together properly but it was a success.
    Any idea why it wouldn't work with dvd2avi? This isn't the first time it happened either. It did it with a different disc I had before too. Strange
Working...