Having problem splitting DVD and keeping menus..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeoNeo
    • Nov 2002

Having problem splitting DVD and keeping menus..

Recently I decided that it would be nice to keep the extras on the original DVDs I am trying to backup.. especially when the movie just barely doesn't fit on one disc. Re-encoding at a lower bit-rate is out of the question.

So what I'm trying to do is split the movie by ripping the first 8-10 chapters of the movie, along with all of the other VOBs. I use IfoEdit, VOB Extras to process the ripped chapters and create a new base ifo file (as if the video were to play alone) and copy it back to the VIDEO_TS directory.. I do this thinking it will correct the number of chapters, and so forth. This is the only way I can process the ripped chapters and burn a +RW without Nero complaining about how it won't be compliant. But when I put in the disc it goes straight to the movie, and won't let me get to any sort of menu. All the extras are there on the disc, but I can't get to a main menu. I am using vector correction on all the IFOs before burning.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to copy the original movie IFO and just get the GTS vectors on it using the actual VOBs with ripped chapters?

The second disc is JUST the second part of the movie, so no problem burning it and getting it to play.

Any help is much appreciated.

-A
Working...