How to add Sound to a Digital Camera Clip?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abrogard
    • Aug 2003

How to add Sound to a Digital Camera Clip?

I'm new at all this and staggering along not too badly. Made a couple of DVD's of our own Canon A520 movie clips using Virtual Dub to edit the .avi files the canon produces when they needed editing and using Nero 7 to make the DVD and burn it.

Fine. For my next trick I'd like to add and delete sound from some of these clips. Virtual Dub doesn't make it clear how to do this, if it can be done with it.

How's the best way for me to do this?

And I've got VirtualDubMod and it wouldn't accept these .avi files from the Canon. Why? And what's the purpose of VDubMod? When would I use it?

And is VDub and such (TMPGEnc, Vobblanker, etc...) the best way to go for this whole video backup, video making, video editing thing or should I be trying to buy some commercial package that would be easier and better?

I ask because I've got a couple - An old Adobe Premier (which I virtually can't use at all, it's so arcane) , Ulead DVD Maker or somesuch it's called and seems so limited and primitive, Nero 7 I mentioned before, and a couple of demos I downloaded and which didn't impress me.

So my look at the commercial stuff sent me back to VDub, at least for my own clips.

But I'm such a beginner I'd still like to know what I'm doing and where I'm at - so I'd welcome any advice from anyone about what tools are the best (within the affordable range, that is... I'm just a guy with few dollars...)

regards,

ab
Working...