X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasczak
    • Jul 2002

Problems with audio using TMPG Encoder & Spruceup

Hi,

I'm having a problem with audio being out of sync with the video picture. I can see from other posts that other people have also had trouble with this but none of the solutions posted seem to be applicable to my problem.

I have the Panasonic DMRE20 DVD-RAM recorder and a PC Panasonic DVD-RAM drive. I'm trying to convert files from RAM disks to DVD-R.

I'm copying the .VRO file from the RAM disk onto my HD and then renaming .MPG. I load it into TMPG Encoder where I use the MPEG Tools option to conduct a 'Simple Demultiplex' splitting the file into .M2V and .AC3 files accordingly. I load these into Spruceup and create menus etc but when I simulate the programme I have two out of three times had a audio sync problem. I thought this might just be a PC problem which would go away when burnt to DVD-R but the problem is identical on a stand alone player.

The audio sync problem is one of displacement as far as I can tell - the audio is out of sync right at the start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am recording the source material on the standalone Panasonic DMRE20. My PC specs (if relevant) are P4 1.8GHz, 2 x 40GB HD, 512MB RAM, Panasonic DVD-RAM/R Drive.

James Lanacaster
Working...