Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cougar21474
    • Oct 2006

2 questions about dvd media

I have 2 questions about dvd media....i hope im in the right area of the forum for this.....my first question is for those of you that use pal compatible dvd players.....i gave up trying to find a way to convert pal to ntsc so i baught a player that will play pal.....the question is, does it look funny in any way?....does it play funny in any way?.....because its playing in pal but on region1 equitment....I.E...your tv is ntsc.

Now my second question is if a retail dvd is a dvd9 then why wont my dvd recorder play a home made dvd+r dl...is there some kind of coding on the disc that tells the player not to play the disc or is it some kind of coding in the player itself that does it?

If someone could enlighten me on these issues it would be great.

P.S....I did find a way to convert pal to ntsc but its not very dependable..I took dvd vob files and coverted them into a non-udf disk image...then i opened that image with nerovision.....it does its dumb dance with the files then finaly when you go to burn them it asks if you want to keep the ntsc setting or use the pal...of course keep the ntsc....then i burned the image...it worked except for one minor prob.....it didnt keep the disc contents intact.....the menus wouldnt work....it recorded everything to the disc in "tracks" i guess you would say.so if anyone can find a way to fix that prob we will all be golden....lol.
Working...